Wednesday, April 6, 2011

my preschool piano camp

So we arrived back in San Antonio from our trip to Utah at about 1 in the morning (which was brilliant planning on our part, especially since it had just been Daylight Savings and it really felt like 2 in the morning...), got to bed around 2:30 and then got up bright and early the next morning for the first day of my preschool piano camp!

I have been wanting to teach some sort of preschool piano class for a long time now. I recruited a good friend (who is also a piano teacher) in my ward to teach it with me, and we spent a lot of time planning and preparing, and we then held our first session of our Early Expressions Preschool Piano Camp. It was a success! We had a few no-shows, but the kids who attended the week-long "camp" were so smart and they all had so much fun. James just loved it, and it was completely worth it for me just for him to have the experience!

Here are some fun pictures of our camp:










2 comments:

Brooke S. said...

I saw those shirts and I said "That is so jenny!" You are so fun and creative. What lucky little tots!

Let's Play Music with Marianne said...

So I was thinking about creating a summer piano camp for my young students and was searching for ideas when I happened upon your very cute blog. Such creative fun ideas! Looks like your camp was a big hit. I LOVE teaching music to young children too - I live in Utah, but have family in Texas. I bet you would love the program I teach called Let's Play Music. You should check out the website: www.letsplaymusicsite.com

I haven't updated my blog in a while, but here's a link to that too if you're interested: http://lpmmariannebarrowes.blogspot.com/