Well, it's been way too long. Thought I'd blog! Woo-hoo!
Today at Stake Conference, James got the brilliant {and random} idea that when we got home we should make a caterpillar costume. He was playing with a stuffed caterpillar toy of Ella's, and he was just so excited about his idea.
He had it all planned out - we were going to use blankets, and then sew them with thread to make them "more beautiful," and have holes for the arms and legs, and I think a hole "for eating" as well, and of course it had to have buttons to fasten it together. We thought we could convince him to just use some blankets and drape them over him, but he would not be deterred in his dream.
So, I spent my Sunday evening sewing this...voila:
A caterpillar costume made out of an old bath towel (I knew there had to be something I could do with all of our millions of towels!). I sewed the top kind of like a hooded towel, cut arm holes and edged them with bias tape, then made antennae and feet out of felt and sewed a velcro square to fasten it. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself! He was one happy caterpillar.
3 comments:
It turned out way cute :) Great job!!
Impressive! Especially just throwing it together. Cant wait to see what ella will be!
Love it! You did a gret job. I am in trouble if Spencer ever asks me to sew him anything! Maybe duct tape would work ;)
Post a Comment