If I could freeze time, I would keep
his six-year-old giggle
when something is hilarious
the way his glasses never stay clean
his missing-tooth grin
and the way he still holds my hand
and squeezes it tight
while walking into his big school
her wild, pretty hair
always in her eyes
that she combs and combs while looking in my mirror
her gap-toothed grin
and smile of glee when I walk in the door
her non-stop chatter quickly replaced
by bashful thumb-sucking in public
his big, big blue eyes
full of love for his Daddy
his sweet chubby cheeks
that I could kiss forever
his sweet sleeve-sucking to comfort himself
and the cute army crawl that gets him places
up and over my lap and back again



2 comments:
So sweet!
Those are so beautiful! How did you do the shilouettes? You really captured each child, both with the scissors and with the words. What a great idea.
Post a Comment