James got his very first haircut today! He really needed it - he was starting to sport a pretty awesome mullet so we decided it must go! Jonathan also needed a haircut so badly - we were planning on cutting it a few weeks ago, but he decided that in order to be Superman for Halloween he ought to have longer hair. Then he had his ear surgery and after that we were too scared to cut it with his ear all stitched up like it was.
So I cut Jonathan's hair and then he held James on his lap while I cut James' hair. James behaved surprisingly very well during the haircut and actually held relatively still. We basically just trimmed the back and left the top alone. It isn't a huge difference but we think it looks a lot better!
It was kind of funny because when the first chunk of hair came off I just sort of held it in my hand and looked at it, not believing that my baby was big enough to be getting a haircut! It made me kind of sad in a way! I just stared at it and said "oh!" Jonathan's Mom thought quickly and grabbed me a ziploc bag to put it in to save.
When we finished the haircut James looked very pleased and started clapping his hands! It was adorable. Anna even got it on camera! Anna and Rebecca were our photographers - Anna with the digital camera and Rebecca with the video camera. Thanks, girls!
I've got some great pictures that I'll put up later!
1 comment:
ahh coop has had 2 hair cuts now he had the mullet thing as well :) lol it makes them look like big boys :( there gonna be 1 soon... can you believe it? i seriously wonder where time goes...
Post a Comment