Sunday, November 9, 2008

Our Not So Reverent Yet Still Way Too Incredibly Cute For His Own Good Boy

We had a really nice Sunday with Jonathan's family. Church was nice and quite eventful, with the power going off twice during Sacrament Meeting, and with James not wanting to sit still whatsoever or be quiet at all during the meeting - or fall asleep, for that matter. Needless to say, I missed a huge portion of the meeting walking up and down hallways trying to get the boy to fall asleep (he was so ready for a nap but would not give in). Ironically, all of the talks were about reverence and I felt a little bad that my little boy was so ... not reverent.

Jonathan played the organ for Sacrament Meeting, and I filled in for the Primary pianist while Jonathan's Mom filled in for the Primary chorister. It was a lot of fun (and Jonathan was so sweet to take our tired boy for the last two hours of church!) and Jonathan's Mom was so cute with the kids. I think my favorite part was when they sang "Once There Was a Snowman" in "opera style."

James fell asleep in his car seat on the way home and hardly woke up when his Daddy got him out of the car, carried him in the house, unzipped his coat and loosened his shirt collar - and then he even slept for awhile in his playard! I had to share these pictures because they are seriously two of the cutest ones ever, and I cannot believe I got them to upload using dial-up internet! Go me. That's patience for you.



Tonight we got James all ready for bed, read him his books (including his Scripture Stories which luckily we remembered this time!), said prayers and kissed him goodnight - after which he gave me four or five huge wet kisses right on my face while even saying a "mma - mma - mma" kissing sound! Talk about cute. My face was kinda wet and sticky afterward, which was a bit disconcerting considering the fact that he's got a really runny nose today, but I didn't mind because it was just so darn cute. I was also glad he didn't bite me, like he did the last time he kissed his Daddy.

4 comments:

Karli said...

Yeah! Those pictures are so cute. ANd, you are more than welcome to come hang out here and use our high speed internet to post anytime. I'd love the company and so would Gray. He's had a runny nose the past few days too, but I noticed it getting a little better yesterday. I need to run change his diaper now! Call if you're bored!

Lil Lizzie said...

miss you already!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jenny! It was great having you fill in upstairs on the piano in Primary, I have to admit I am very envious of your talent. I am not a pianist AT ALL and would love to be so it's a gift I always wish I'd learned when I was young. It was enjoyable having Jonathan at the organ, too, and we definitely think you guys fit right in here, so you can just move here, okay?! That's funny that you thought James was being noisy during Sacrament meeting because I didn't notice him once and I was on the stand. Thanks, too, for being so willing to help me out with that song on Thursday night for the Primary Leadership mtg. I know it will be lovely with your help! I'll keep you posted as to when Jen can get together to practice. Thanks again! Tami

Annie said...

Sweet little guy! I miss all three of you very much. Keep us posted on the job search. I love you guys!