Tuesday, February 17, 2009

a dream come true...


Now this post probably isn't what you're thinking. I'm talking about when you have a dream at night, and then whatever you dreamed about actually happens. Has that ever happened to you? Well it happened to me once - I once dreamed about this random kid from my piano class at BYU - I didn't know him too well and never really talked to him much. This one night I had a dream that he proposed to his girlfriend on stage after his sophomore recital. I saw him in the HFAC a couple of days later, and I was like, 'Hey! I totally dreamed about you!" and I proceeded to tell him about the dream. He kind of just stared at me with a shocked look on his face, like he couldn't believe it, and finally said " I AM planning on doing that...." Sure enough, about a week later I was at his recital, and at the very end he had his girlfriend come up and he sang to her or something and then proposed. Later I was introduced to his girlfriend as "the girl who had the dream." Yeah, it was crazy.

Well, it happened again last night. I had a dream, and then today it came true. Although this time it was more like a bad mommy dream that comes from changing so many diapers. This morning I went to change James' diaper and it was so messy that I just took off his pj pants and took him right in the bathroom to give him a bath. He had his bath, and then I got him out and put on his diaper and was cleaning up a few things. I walked out into the hallway and then I realized I was standing in something kind of...sticky. I started screaming, after which my in-laws came to see what the heck was the matter. (It was most definitely one of my finest moments.) And then it hit me - I had had this exact dream last night! I had changed James' diaper in my dream, and then there was poop on the floor and I stepped in it. When I woke up, I thought "eeew! what a weird dream!" - and then totally forgot about it, until it came true!

Has this ever happened to anyone else? (and I mean the whole dreaming something and then it actually happens thing, not the stepping in poop thing....)

No comments: