We had a really wonderful time up in Oregon last weekend.
Even though there is a Boster reunion planned for August, most of us ended up going home for the 4th of July as well, for a sort of spur-of-the-moment pre-reunion reunion. (And boy we sure missed the Tessems & Joseph and Megan!)
And every time I go home, I just love it more and more! It is so beautiful out there in the country...I think I become more and more of a country girl each time we go!
James sure loved it too - and was such a hard worker! He helped out every chance he got.
Here we are changing the water (James was so excited to help, he kept saying, "I want to change the line!"). Like my boots?
This was the first time James really enjoyed playing with his cousins. He wasn't shy at all and had so much fun with Hannah and Joshua!

James and his Daddy went out with a butterfly net and a jar and came back in with a big grasshopper!
We all celebrated Sierra's birthday while we were home with a big barbecue (and the yummiest chocolate cake I have ever tasted in my life - thank you, Costco!) Here are Andrew and Sierra - what a cute couple!

Aunt Sierra reading books to the kids -
and Grandy reading to the kids!

The guys put in six new windows while we were home

Nana on a horse -

Hannah and Anna (holy cow - Hannah, Nana & Anna - they all rhyme!) on a horse. James thought about riding the horse but decided not to :) Maybe next time!
James with his buddy Emma Jeaney

Cute Anna - she's going to be a senior!

Baby Caroline

We went swimming!

James loved swinging on the swings, and even got up the courage to go on the trampoline a few times (he was nervous because it was a "litter bouncy!")
Sierra & Nana made some yummy cinnamon twists!

This is pretty much the Boster family motto.
First time I read it I didn't know what it was saying....haha...

On Sunday Anna curled all of the girls' hair!

...and straightened Benjamin's!


What a fun time - we also picked lots of raspberries & cherries, ate lots of yummy food, played games, wrote some poetry (haha) and just enjoyed being together. Can't wait to be with the whole Boster fam again in August!







1 comment:
Can I come live with your in-laws? Such a beautiful place. Seriously. Right now we live in a very "urban" setting - not "suburban" either if you know what I mean. We love our neighbors and that's good because our houses are 4-6 feet apart! I ache for the country! Are the clouds real on the horse picture?? Wow. AND they all just seem really fun to be around! :)
P.S. I wouldn't give up my experience here for anything. Amazing, but I can still pine for open spaces!
Post a Comment