Overall, James has been a champ during this whole move.
Always smiling, eager to explore our new surroundings and be our little buddy.
But moving to a whole new place can be scary!
Last Sunday morning we were talking about going to church at our new ward. James was not so sure about it. He wasn't so sure about going to a new nursery class with a new teacher (and oh boy, how he loved his nursery teacher in our old ward!)
One of James' favorite things to do is to think of ideas. "Mommy, I have some ideas!" He names all of his "ideas" of fun things to do as he holds up a finger for each. Last Sunday he said, "I have some ideas. We could......not go to church...."
As we drove to our new ward building, James told us to "turn around!"
We pulled into the parking lot and he folded his arms across his seat belt. "It's a gate!" he said.
So we talked about being brave.
We talked about being a brave boy and going to his new class, even if he was nervous.
And oh man, he was such a brave boy! He marched right into that nursery class and didn't look back.
He was a champ the whole time and just loved it.
I am so proud of my brave boy!
Today he has been talking a lot about our "old house" and about wanting to go home. He said, "I want to go to Jukie's house - please??" How do explain 1300 miles to a little guy? He was hesitant again before church today, but after sacrament meeting when I asked if he wanted to go to nursery, he said "Yeah!" without hesitation.
That's my brave boy!
And here is the handsome little guy, waiting for loved ones to get onto Skype after church.



4 comments:
We need to Skype with you guys soon!! We miss you!!
I love this post! Way to go James, being so brave!
Don't you just love Skype? It makes me feel less apart of events and family. Pretty cute boy you have their. Moving is pretty hard on them. My boys still talk about our little house and going to grandmas today:)
SKYPE IS THE BEST!!! I don't know what we'd do without it.
Post a Comment