In an effort to help us all remember that we have so many things to be thankful for this holiday season, I decided to make a Thanksgiving tree! Because we are so blessed. James reminds us of this every time he says a prayer (which is quite often). He reminds me that not only am I thankful for the big things - like our family, the Spirit, the Gospel, our Savior - but seemingly simple things, like lights and books and trains and cups. And that Daddy could go to 'tometry school. And for the yummy food we ate. And Daddy's eye stuff.
So every day, we take some of our "leaves" and write down a few things we are thankful for. Many things get repeated (James is thankful for Mommy every day - and I don't argue, I just write it down each time!), and sometimes we come up with wonderful new things to write down, like family home evening, James' smile, and pens. And of course the important things are on there too - like grandparents, Aunt Liz (who just got home from her mission!), and our home.
I can't wait to see how full this thing gets by Thanksgiving!



3 comments:
Great idea! I will have to try it out :)
What I cute idea! Might just have to borrow it sometime;)
I read your blog and did the thankful tree for FHE last night. Mine is just poster board so it doesn't look as cute, but definitely fun! You're so creative!
Post a Comment