On Friday night, my parents went to the semi-annual Gibbons adult "party" while us kids partied at my parents' house (the REAL party!). Some of you may have heard of our *awesome* huge monopoly game we made last year while my parents were at their party...


...well, this year we decided we ought to try to make a different huge game. So, we bought insane amounts of foam from the dollar store (on two separate trips - pretty much cleaned them out of all their foam crafty items) and spent the entire evening cutting out foam to make a giant Settlers of Catan game! Kind of nerdy, I know, but us Gibbons kids are very easily entertained, and we had a great time! We didn't even play the game! Here we are next to our masterpiece with our nifty foam visors from the dollar store.

And here is the whole group - me and Jonathan, my sisters Annie, Liz, and Abby, Abby's friend Rob, and my little bro Josh. Good times :)

The best part of the evening, I think, was when we were just finishing the game around 11:55 pm, and Rob called his dad to see if he could stay a little longer.
Rob: "Hi Dad . . . can I stay a little longer? . . . . we made a big game . . . . settlers of catan . . . . out of . . . . . . . . . . . foam?"
I guess you really had to be there, but it was the funniest thing I have ever heard - what a random excuse to give a parent for not being home - but the funny thing was, it was the truth! I love my family:)
Me and my cute sister Liz. She's going on a mission soon!On Saturday and Sunday we spent a lot of time with Jonathan's family up in Kaysville at Daniel and Bethany's house. It was so fun to spend time with them again! Benjamin brought his camera and laptop and took a bunch of cute pictures of us and then edited them with photoshop. They turned out pretty cute! Thanks Benjamin!
I can't really remember what was going on here and why we had such expressions on our faces, but I think it's funny :) My favorite part is James, clinging onto his Daddy's shirt, smooshed between his silly parents with a funny look on his face. What a cute little boy!



3 comments:
oh, how cute!!!!i loved looking at these pictures and reading the captions - HOW FUN! and i miss the dollar store....the dollar stores here aren't so fun :(
anyways, love and miss you!!! let's talk this weekend, k?? muahWHACK!
where did you get his little polo onesie? I need to find a turquoiseish colored one for Lance's wedding and have been looking everywhere! Help! (: Love all the pictures-you guys are a great couple and little family...and i'm just learning to play settlers recently. Good game!
So cute Jenny! That is so creative to make one of those games. Cute pictures!! How fun, James is so expressive but I guess we know where he gets that!
Post a Comment