One of the perks of being a parent to a very small child is that you get to pick their friends for them! And, since you can choose your kids' friends, why not pick the children of
your best friends to be friends with your child? I know that I, personally, have planned with some of my best friends that our children
will be friends someday. In junior high and high school, Cheryl and I planned that we would live next to each other and our kids would be friends and we'd buy them cute clothes from Old Navy, or something like that (can't remember all the details - can you, Cher??) And Janina and I definitely had/have some plans up our sleeves for our kids meeting up at BYU or somewhere and, of course, being best friends - how could they not?? :)
Well, a couple of weeks ago we got to hang out with our good friends, Charles and Melissa, and their son Henry! It was Henry's first birthday and we got to go to his birthday party (well, we actually kind of missed the party, but still got to visit with them for a little while and give him his present - long story short, Jonathan got stuck in a lame final while James and I waited in the car, and so we ended up being a couple of hours late...) How fun to see these boys together, and especially to see Jonathan and Charles (who grew up in the same ward, and who were roommates in college) with their sons! Wow, we sure are getting old!

1 comment:
Jenny I'm so glad Henry has James for a buddy. =0) And I'm also glad that you still came to his 'party'...even if it was late. His little boat is his new favorite bathtime toy! We need to get together again soon with you guys!
Post a Comment