Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blessings

On Thursday night, Jonathan's little sisters Rebecca and Anna were driving to their school in the Geo. It was pretty dark, and they were probably going about 45 or 50 mph, when all of a sudden there was a black cow right in the middle of the road, and they hit it! The cow was standing sideways, but turned its head to look straight at them right when they hit - so its head hit the windshield and shattered it. It all happened so fast, and the girls don't remember too much about what happened, but looking at the car we all knew that they had definitely been protected. They were both able to walk away with hardly a scratch - they were both covered in glass and were pretty shaken up, and are pretty sore now, but they are just fine. What a blessing it was! There are holes in the windshield where we think the cow's horns went through, and there is even grass and manure-y nastiness in the back seat of the car. The cow is dead and the car is totaled. We are all so grateful that Heavenly Father was watching out for them. It was quite the crazy night at the Boster home. We all decided that it gives new meaning to that "interrupting cow" knock-knock joke...

The damage to the car -



The cow -

5 comments:

BenClaude said...

I'm so glad everyone is ok. what a mess..... moo!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Wow, that is an amazing story. I didn't know a cow could do so much damage! I'm glad they are okay. Also, I REALLY love your family picture it is adorable. I love the colors!

Joanna said...

HOLY COW! (no pun intended haha). That is crazy! I'm glad they are okay. That picture of the cow is nasty, btw.

Kathleen said...

Ooh, that makes me a littl bit sick! When Grandy let me know what happened, I don't think I completely thought about it, but ooh, shivers! Give them both a big hug for me, would ya?

The Thompson Family said...

I am glad everyone is ok. The Lord really does look over us. Make sure you watch out for those cows. They can be tricky ones. How have you guys been doing? We live in LA now. Good luck with everything and I love your family picture.