This kid is so much fun! He walks around like a pro now, and is getting pretty close to running at times. It is so funny to watch him toddle around. This morning he woke up after twelve hours of sleep and was well-rested and excited to start playing. I got him out of bed and he was so excited, he started practically running down the hallway in his "white part" (Gibbons family lingo for onesie). He got going so fast that he could hardly go in a straight line and almost ran into the wall multiple times! It was hilarious.
Today James was "talking" to his Daddy on the phone at lunch time (he does this by holding the phone up to his nose and listening intently) - and all of a sudden he said "Dad" as clearly as could be! He also loves to mimic things we say and has a growing vocabulary, including his newest word, "Grandpa" ("Ba-pa"). Rumor has it that he also said "Grandy" (or something along those lines) the other day, although I wasn't there to hear it - so both Grandpa's should feel really special! :)
Today for lunch, my sister-in-law Emma Jeane and I decided to make pancakes. We were so excited, they sounded SO good. We made them from scratch using my Mom's amazing recipe. We sat down to eat them and they just didn't taste...right. It was quite the mystery. We finally decided that the flour smelled really funny, and that we should probably just throw the pancakes out. Well, my in-laws have no garbage disposal - so what do you do with no disposal in the country? You throw the food out on the back porch for the cats to eat. James LOVES it when we give food to the cats, he can hardly contain his excitement. He tries to run out the door and yells "oh!! oh!!" Since we had a whole plate of pancakes, I thought he'd like to help feed the cats! So we opened the door and I handed him a pancake, and then started to throw the others out. We kept telling him to throw the pancake, but he just wouldn't - he just kept walking closer and closer to the cats, and holding on tight to his pancake. Well, I finally picked him up and tried to take the pancake from him and he hurriedly shoved it in his own mouth. What a funny boy!
Here he is in his cute football shirt - I think this outfit really makes him look like a big boy! I'm not sure if 27 is anyone's number or if it's supposed to be a particular team's colors, but who cares - it only cost us a quarter and looks brand new!
2 comments:
what a big boy!!
What a handsome guy! I miss you guys!
Post a Comment