Saturday, February 28, 2009

i heart high-speed internet - a.k.a. massive picture upload!

In celebration of the fact that we now, once again, have immediate access to *high-speed internet!*, I thought I'd post a whole lot of pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

These first few pictures show one of James' recent favorite activities - going outside! This kid LOVES putting on his shoes (a word he can now say, by the way) and going out and walking around on the grass. He loved the doggies and kitties at Nana and Grandy's house, and loves to just walk around and look at things.

Walking out the front door to play outside - I just love this picture

This is the day that James first discovered rocks. He held on so tight to them and got upset when I took them away at nap time.

Our cute boy

"Ball! Ball!"

Sweet little guy

Swinging with Mama, and not quite sure how he feels about it...

These next two pictures just go to show that random family traits get passed down - we couldn't help but think of Jonathan's sister Rebecca when we saw James in this position - she is notorious for falling asleep in interesting positions, but especially while praying!



Going for a walk on a COLD February evening...we walked down the Bosters' lane, and then said to James "do you want to go further?" to which he clearly shook his head "no." Smart boy.



Some pictures of my handsome boys...



Another outside outing (is that redundant?) - I love this picture of James pointing to the cat, because there is a picture of me when I was around this age, and I was pointing at a cat, too! Like mother, like son.


Gotta love James' outfit here...

Ok, so we drove back to Salt Lake from Oregon on Sunday afternoon. We had been there for about four months (wow) and originally had thought we'd be moving up in that area. We had taken multiple trips between Salt Lake and Oregon, for various reasons, so we had accumulated a lot of stuff. Lucky for me, my husband is an EXPERT car packer (is that a word?). You would not beLIEVE how much stuff we fit in our little Corolla on our way back on Sunday. Just to give you an idea, here are a few pictures...

This is the view of my lap. Yes, I was completely covered with stuff. Plus I had ZERO leg room. I was sitting on top of a couple of coats and blankets. Can you find my knee in this picture? I can't believe my legs didn't fall asleep on this six-hour drive.

Where's James?

There he is, the poor kid! At least he's happy in this picture. At one point he got really bugged by all of the blankets and stuffed animals stuffed around him. I can't say that I blame him, poor kid. Yes, it was quite the exciting and humorous trip.

This little iguana was sticking out of the diaper bag on my lap, and soon became our trip mascot. We named him Iggy.

EVERY time we drive from Idaho to Salt Lake I see this sign and WISH I had my camera ready to take a picture of it. Well I got lucky this time, and had my camera out and ready! Sadly, you can't really read what it says, but it says "MIRACLE HOT SPRINGS..." and then the good part at the bottom: "CAUTION: ALLIGATORS." Is this funny to anyone else? I just thought it was completely random! Alligators in Idaho? Who knew?

James in his stroller ready to go for a walk! This is his cute new face that he does. His daddy makes the exact same face sometimes.

So all of the stuff from our car got dumped in our family room in my Grandma's basement, so on Monday we were just trying to clean up. I was distracted, putting things away, when I turned around to find this:
James found our treat bag from our trip (which, sadly, we never even got out - it was stuffed under my feet and was not reachable), found the Pringles (barbecue flavored), reached his little hand in and grabbed a whole stack and started eating them. It was hilarious. He just loved them! One of James' new words is "delicious!" (although, it really doesn't sound anything LIKE the word delicious, but whenever we say delicious he mimics us, and at least it begins with a "d" sound!)


James loves yogurt. And now prefers to feed himself.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yay for lots of pictures! I can't believe how big James is getting! He is such a cute boy.

Lil Lizzie said...

yay for pictures!! i love these. can't wait to get back to salt lake so i can play with that boy a bit :) i'm SO excited about jonathan's job! love you all!!

Kathleen said...

So Cute! Looks like you've been busy, and the girls love watching the video of James. Grace says "ooh, baby" :)
Love ya
K