Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Walking Man

Lately, James has had a fascination with shoes (or "oosh," as he calls them). He will bring us his "oosh" first thing in the morning so he can go outside and play! He LOVES to go on walks. Since we are staying with my Grandma until Jonathan's job gets started and we get our own place, James loves to walk down to my parents' house (about 2 blocks away). He can walk the ENTIRE way all by himself (which we figured out in "baby miles" is probably like a whole mile)! He is quite the little walking man! (I guess he gets it from his Grandpa Gibbons!) It can be quite the long walk, though, because he likes to stop and look at EVERY. LITTLE. THING! It is cute, though. Sometimes when we want him to go faster we say "go go go!" and he says it along with us and starts running.

Lately, he has started putting on OTHER people's shoes, too. He especially loves to go find Daddy's shoes and put them on and walk around the house.





And here are some more cute pictures. This one was taken in the car on our way home from Rexburg this past weekend. The kid slept almost the ENTIRE drive home, it was awesome!


The other day, Jonathan and I were in the family room and we turned around to see toilet paper strewn all across the floor. Surprisingly this was the first time this has ever happened (and being the first time, we thought it was cute and took a picture - I am sure that it will not always be so cute!).



So we are doing great! Since Jonathan's new employer had to run a background check, we have just been hanging out and spending lots of time together until his new job starts. We've been doing lots of reading and relaxing, and visiting with my family. Also, I am proud of myself for actually finally getting back into my piano practicing (it has been hard with a baby!), and I decided to learn one of the Chopin Ballades. The only reason I say this is to give myself more motivation to keep up with it - because since I've posted it on the internet, I'd better finish learning the piece, right? ;)

1 comment:

Janina Herbert said...

LOVED THIS POST! And and and!! PARALLEL LIVES!!! I'm learning a Chopin Ballade, too! Which one are you doing? I'm doing #4 (my favorite!) Let's be....PRACTICE BUDDIES AGAIN!! :D

Those stories/pictures of James were SO cute! K, I need to call you today. The end :) Love ya! muahWHACK!