Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy Birthday, James!

James turned one month old on Saturday! We can't believe how fast he is growing. He already has changed so much since he has been born. He is growing like crazy and no longer looks quite like a newborn. We love him so much and we are having so much fun with him (despite the sleep deprivation)! :) He is a really strong boy, and can already lift up his head pretty well when he's on his tummy. His legs are super strong, and he likes to push off of your hands and scoot across his blanket. He smiles all the time, some of which I swear are genuine smiles (as opposed to just gas), and lately he has been laughing in his sleep. He sneezes a lot, and his record is nine sneezes in a row! He loves to hang out with his Daddy and watch movies while Mommy sleeps a little more, and he just loves being with his Mommy and Daddy. We need to work on the whole sleeping in his bed thing, because sometimes he is just not happy in there. Then we'll take him out and hold him or put him on our bed and he is perfectly happy. He just likes to be with us!

3 comments:

Amanda P said...

Jenny BAY!! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations! James is so adorable.

I love family blogs - it's a great way to keep everyone updated. I'll email you the link to ours.

I'll be sure to check back often for some more adorable pictures.

Jamie said...

YAY!! Welcome to that blogging world! James is adorable! I am glad to hear that your christmas was great. Hope that all continues to go well for you guys...and I hope that the sleeping gets better soon ;)

Janina Herbert said...

oh my gosh, jenny, you're right! he already looks SO much bigger - not like a newborn anymore! and he's only 5 weeks!! that is so cute how he always just wants to be with you two :) awwww, i'm so happy for you both!! YAY FOR CUTE NEW BABIES!! muahWHACK!