James is four months old! I just cannot believe how fast time has gone. He is just SO adorable, and I know I am his Mommy and so I am very biased, but he is just the cutest baby ever. He honestly is one of the happiest people I know! Lately he has been smiling and laughing so much. He has this really cute big old smile where he opens his mouth as wide as he can and smiles with his whole face. I love this kid!
Well he had his 4-month Dr. appointment with Dr. Durham (who, by the way, was MY pediatrician - kind of fun) last week, and James is growing really well! He weighed 14 lb, 14.6 oz and measured 26 1/2 inches long. He is in the 90th percentile for length and head circumference (so Dr. Durham said that means he's smart! hehe), and about the 50th percentile for weight. So our little boy is long and lean!
He also had some immunizations and didn't cry nearly as hard as he did the last time! I was so glad. He was pretty happy just a minute later. However, the next day or two was kind of rough. His legs swelled up where he got his shots and they were really sore, and he kind of had a fever and was not feeling well at all. To top it all off, I wasn't feeling well either - I had some kind of flu or something and didn't have any energy whatsoever! Thank heavens for mothers - my Mom came and picked me and James up and brought us down to her house for the day (2 days in a row!) and she took care of both of us! Thanks, Mama! We love you!
Can I just say that it is SO hard to be sick and be a mommy? I never realized this before, but it is so hard! I am so grateful for my Mom - you never realize how hard or how fulfilling it is to be a parent until you become one. I remember when James was just a couple of days old, and Jonathan and I had hardly had ANY sleep whatsoever - my parents were over at our house and Jonathan and I were both half asleep (and really loopy) - and at that moment I realized how grateful I was to my parents!
Well, James and I got better, but he actually kind of has a cold now and is pretty congested at night, poor guy. But we are all doing really well and are so happy. Jonathan just had his last day of class yesterday, and we are incredibly excited! He is so burned out from working full time and going to school full time, so this will be a MUCH-needed break for him to be done with school. In fact, he is so tired that he is sound asleep on the floor behind me as I am typing this!
Well how can we have a post without some cute pictures of our boy? Here are some pictures my Mama took yesterday while she was watching him for me.
1 comment:
awwwww, jenny bay!!!! these pictures and updates were SO cute and happy!!!! i love ya!
Post a Comment