Sunday, December 6, 2009

a sweet birthday

I can't believe that James turned two today! It seems like just yesterday he looked like this


and now he looks like this!


What a difference two years makes!

We had a sweet day today spending time together just the three of us (as James would say, "Mama. Dada. Bames.") James woke up to find birthday signs all over (a Gibbons family birthday tradition),


lots and lots of red balloons (his favorite),



and some fun presents. We played all day with his toys and read his new books.




At one point Jonathan and I were in the kitchen, and James was asking us to come play with him some more. He said, "Play? Happy." It was the sweetest thing ever. I think he is a truly happy boy!

We had pancakes for breakfast (one of James' favorites)



and for dinner we had mashed potatoes and chicken nuggets! Yum! James loved his cupcakes and tried so hard to blow the candles out, but just couldn't quite blow hard enough. It was very cute watching him try, though. After dinner we all watched the movie Cars together.

It was a wonderful, sweet day and I am so thankful for my dear little boy. We love him more than anything and can't wait to see what this next year holds.



Happy Birthday, Buddy! We love you!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!

What a cute boy he is growing up to be!

Annie said...

I can't believe he's two! What a cutie. I'll see you tonight and we can celebrate some more!

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Happy Birthday James!!!!!