Wednesday, January 13, 2010

hello, blog.

Remember me? Yes I know it has been quite awhile. I hope you will forgive me. Well, we have been quite busy. Here's what we've been up to...

We got a Christmas tree (yes, this was quite some time ago...).




James was a really big help, as you can imagine.


We set up and decorated our tree.




We helped decorate my parents' tree.


We hung out with Bapa.


We had a ward Christmas party where our wonderful Bishop wore his pj's and read to the kids!


Josh went on a date, and I took a picture.


We played with toys.


We hung out with Janina and her son Aaron.


James and Aaron will be great friends, I am sure.


James played "book road" with Bapa, just like Mommy used to do when she was little.


We had Christmas Eve dinner by candlelight at my parents' house.


We looked cute.


We had a fun Christmas Eve with my family and Grandma Glenn.






We took too many pictures and some of us weren't so happy...


(look how cute: me, my mommy and my Grandma...)


We got Christmas pj's.


We came home and had our own little Christmas Eve/Christmas morning. Oh yes and this is our tree I mentioned earlier.




We had so much fun with our presents from Santa - James loves his train set!


We opened more presents at the parentals'.


I think James got the most presents of all! Go figure.




We loved our roll-up piano my parents gave us!


We visited James' great-Gibbons-grandparents.


We played with "Aunt Anyan" (which sounds similar to Aunt Onion.)




We had a nice visit.






We love my grandparents!


Abby had fun, too.


We took artsy pictures of Abby's new boots. (You've gotta have boots when you're dating a cowboy...)




James became buddies with his great-grandpa...


...and discovered that if you push his feet, his entire chair spins around in circles!






Talking on "phones" is one of James' favorite games. Josh clearly is excited as well.


My almost-90-year-old grandpa couldn't help but get on the floor and play with James.


We saw a pretty view of downtown Salt Lake.






We visited with aunts and uncles.




We spent New Years' Eve with Daniel & Bethany and their kids. We did sparklers.




Bethany and I had cute boots on (she's having a new baby soon!)


James was in an "Adorable Baby Contest" and did not win but we were so grateful for all our friends' votes!

We Skyped with family in Oregon and North Carolina.


We hung out.


We mourned our good ol' Dirk's passing (but only for a few minutes).


Well, those are the highlights. Congratulations on making it to the end of this super-long post.

2 comments:

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Love it all! Looks like so much fun :)

Janina Herbert said...

HAHAHAH! I LOVED IT! (and thanks for featuring us! :D) I loved your funny captions like "We looked cute" and stuff - SO FUNNY! :) I love your blog and i LOVE your new background; it is SO you!

i miss youuuuu! let's try and hopefully get together this week??? i'll call you. love ya! muahWHACK!