Wednesday, January 27, 2010

whose turn is it?

Lately James is really good at telling us whose turn it is to do certain things. For example, if I ask him to clean up his cars, he puts a few away in the box then says, "Mommy's turn!" uh-uh, nice try bud.

Or, if he is tired and grumpy and is being a little mama's boy and Daddy tries to help him with something, he'll completely refuse and say, "Mommy's turn!" (kind of cute, really.)

But my absolute favorite is when he needs a diaper change, and I ask him, "whose turn is it to change you?" and he thinks for a few seconds, then says with a big smile, "Daddy's turn!!"

I love that. :)

p.s. speaking of diaper changes, the other day I was changing his diaper when he said in the sweetest little voice, "Thank you!!" (really it's more like "gank-gu") and it made all the hundreds and thousands of diaper changes SO worth it.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

That is so cute!

Hey, how did you do the cool bar across the top of your page (the one with the "home" and "about" etc.)??

Janina Herbert said...

awwwww! that is SO cute (the whole post, but especially the "thank-you!") CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!!!!!! eeeeee! love ya! muahWHACK!