You've seen Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds," right? Well we had our own little "The Birds" experience yesterday...
We live in a 3-story townhouse with a fireplace that has a long, tall chimney. Pigeons nest on top of our chimney all the time. In fact James is really good at making a pigeon noise because we hear them often. Yesterday morning we heard this loud flapping sound in the chimney, but didn't think much of it because we hear birds up a lot. (Although we did joke about the part in "The Birds" where hundreds of birds fly out of the fireplace into the house!) All of a sudden a BIRD fell out of our chimney and flew into the room, madly flapping and flying in circles. Poor James came running and I scooped him up and we ran into the bathroom, while our brave Daddy got the bird out of our house.
Pretty much a creepy experience. Last night I kept thinking I heard birds in our house (totally just my imagination). Maintenance just came and climbed on our roof and I'm hoping did something to prevent this in the future.
If you come to our house in the next few days (or until I get my courage up to change it) and notice our furniture rearranged with the couch in front of the fireplace, you will know why.
I will never complain about box elder bugs or moths ever again (unless they are really big, or if they attack me, in which case I reserve the right to complain).
1 comment:
So crazy that that happened to you! I would have freaked out for sure. I learned something new from your video clip too - that The Birds was based on a book by Daphne du Maurier! I might have to go read it now.
Post a Comment