Wanna hear about my day?
A little background: I am trying to become a Nationally Certified Teacher of Music. Awesome, right? Credentials are always nice and I'll have a nice little acronym/title I could stick at the end of my name for kicks - Jennifer Boster, NCTM. Well you see, in order to complete my application I need to make a teaching portfolio that basically proves that I am a good piano teacher and that I have experience and stuff. Well it's due in about a week and I have to admit that I did procrastinate a bit...I have been working on it on and off but this past week or so decided I had to just get it done. Well here are some fun little happenings of the past day (keep in mind that the perception of a "day" is blurred significantly when one gets less than 4 hours sleep) for your reading enjoyment:
- Yesterday (which really feels like today) I let my son watch three movies while I worked on my portfolio. (Am I a horrible mother?) At least they were good movies - Little Einsteins, Meet the Robinsons and Kung Fu Panda. And I justified by telling myself that I at least was home with him and sort of watching with him, so it was a fun mother/son activity.......right?
- I decided last night to just buckle down and get it done. I went to bed at 5:20 a.m. (It's not quite done yet....)
- I woke up at 8:46 a.m.
- Both James and I are wearing yesterday's clothes.
- My kitchen is messy and smells like beans.
- I have big piles of laundry in my house.
- James had the wettest diaper known to man. I lifted him off the couch and there was a huge pee pee spot about ten inches in diameter, and the back of his shorts were soaked. (p.s. lately he HATES getting his diaper changed. We hate it too. It is a struggle every time. I think we may be potty training soon....)
- I grabbed the wet child and hurried him upstairs to the bathroom. Then I hurried and grabbed the (recently washed) couch cover off of the couch to wash.
- How do you get pee pee out of a couch cushion?
- As I grabbed the couch cover off I accidentally flung a little bowl of cheerios and crumbs from the bottom of a Crispix box across my living room floor, which I vacuumed less than 24 hours ago.
- When I took James up to bathe him I left some macaroni and cheese on the stove - I turned off the stove, but left it sitting in the water.
- When I came down it had absorbed all the water and was this nasty, sticky gloppy pile of queasy noodles.
- James had a bath - phew! and started running around in his diaper
- I hurriedly emptied the contents of the dryer (clean whites) into an already existing pile of clean laundry, so I could move the wet clothes to the dryer and wash the couch cover and pee pee clothes.
- As I'm standing by the washer I hear a little voice from my bedroom, "Look at me!! Look at me!! This is fun, Mommy!" He is head first in the basket of clean whites with his little legs flailing in the air.
Life really is good though!
- We got to watch Lost last night! Man oh man we love that show!
- I made the best peach smoothie last night
- I love the rain!
- My boys are wonderful

Watching some Einsteins after his bath.

Notice the glazed-over look...

A little peek at my messy house, because hey, that's real life
p.s. after posting this, I hear a little voice from James' room (where he is supposed to be napping - like I had just barely put him down) - he had opened the door (darn, why did he have to learn that skill?) and was trying to come downstairs. So I put him back in there and closed the door and put up the baby gate. Two minutes later there's a crash as he knocks down the gate. He is by my feet playing with trains, saying over and over and over again, "I never take a nap...I never take a nap....I never take a nap....."
5 comments:
Love this post more than you know! You are such a good mama and crack me up...and the picture of your "messy" house is so good that it makes me want to take the cushions off my couch and get all our blocks out! Love it! & you!
Such a mama day! Oh, we all have days like that. :) Mine would be about the same, except when my little guy got in the basket of laundry he would probably have jam or syrup or something else all sticky and messy all over him and would get it all over my clean laundry. Just thought I'd add that. :) Good luck with your portfolio!
You are super cute, and your house looks great. But what doesn't make sense to me is how you had time to vacuum less than 24 hours ago, and how you had time to blog about this tonight. You are crazy. Good luck getting the portfolio done!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the amazing laugh. I have been here so many times and in the moments thought PLEASE NO ONE STOP BY! I totally agree that the movies provided are amazingly wonderful. As for the pee in the couch no help here. So fun! Thank you again!
haha! that is hilarious. i have had days like that too. it is pretty funny when you think about it :) he is such a cute kid.
Post a Comment