Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My kid is a toddler.

Today James woke up from his (THREE-hour) nap, crying and grumpy as usual (why is that?? he is always so cheerful in the mornings), saying "Go! Go! Go!" He always wakes up in the afternoon wanting to go to Grandpa's and Jukie's (Grandma's) house. It is so wonderful living so close to my parents, and so fun that we get to see them so much, but it is getting to the point where James can't play in our yard without wanting to walk down to their house. Don't get me wrong, I love going to their house - but sometimes I just wish my kid would want to play in our own yard! Silly boy. Well I have been trying to "wean" him off of wanting to go to his grandparents' house so bad that he freaks out until we go. It is definitely a challenge! Today he fussed and cried for about an HOUR, until we finally walked down to my parents' (which I was planning on anyway, they tended him for me while I went to Enrichment). Then he was just as happy as a clam. After my meeting I visited with the fam for a little while, then I told James we had to go soon. Apparently he wasn't very happy about this suggestion, because he walked up to me (I honestly thought he was going to hug me, he gives great hugs!) and started hitting me on the head! Great day.

I am quickly learning that toddlers are like roller-coasters - one minute they are hugging and kissing you and cuddling in your lap, and the next minute they are going crazy and screaming "no! no!" Gotta love 'em :)

At the end of the day though, I just love my boy so much and all he has to do is look at me like this...


and I have totally forgiven him for acting like a little monster!

No comments: