Thursday, May 21, 2009

Reminiscing

I was just chatting with a cute friend who was one of my Beehives when I was a Young Women leader in Provo (and now she's a junior in high school!), and I got thinking about all the awesome girls I got to know and hang out with in the Freedom First Ward. We still miss that ward and are so grateful for all the wonderful friends we met there. Despite the somewhat scary atmosphere of our beloved Stubbs Avenue (as described at length here), we have such wonderful memories of our first apartment and our first ward together as a married couple. Isn't it just fun to reminisce every once in awhile?

Me with a few of my cute young women - I blend right in, don't ya think? :)


Fun photo shoot at the Provo Temple-


Jonathan came to mutual once and taught all the girls how to change a flat tire; it was great fun. Here are my buddies Sam and Suiha working on their tire.


And I can't think about the Freedom First Ward without thinking of our amazing bishop, Bishop Ngatikaura. I will never forget him and his kindness, or his ukulele-playing at church while the whole ward sang "Aloha 'Oe" to us before we moved. What sweet people. I am so grateful for wonderful people in our lives from whom we learn so much.

Here are Bishop Ngatikaura and Jonathan having a little jam session at a going-away party that was held for us and some other couples moving away from the ward. What a fun night that was!

1 comment:

Linz said...

I am the YW President here and I have the same problem blending in with my young women here in Green River...everyone who doesn't know me yet thinks I am just another Laurel. Too funny! Guess we have to take it as a compliment b/c we will love that when we are older.