Today we went to the music store so I could pick up a few things I needed (did I mention I'm the new ward choir director?? - wish me luck!). Anyway, at this store they have a little children's play area (here's my plug for this awesome music store - best one out there!), so James was playing with some toys in there. There was a poster on the wall of Elmo, and, to our surprise, James pointed up at it and said, "E-mo!" We have absolutely NO recollection of introducing James to Elmo. EVER. So we thought, either our kid is a REAL genius and he can READ (hehe), or else maybe he saw Elmo once and just has a REALLY good memory! Either way...what a smart boy! I can say that because I'm his mommy, and proud to be so :)

Later today he surprised me a couple of other times with his great memory. He pulled out some books from his shelf that we haven't read in quite awhile, and when he saw this one...

...he said, "La la la!" I was quite surprised, and impressed, that he remembered this was a book about singing. I mean, the [creatures - are they mice??] are singing on the front cover, but you can't really tell, except for the music in their hands - so maybe he knows what music looks like? :)
Then he grabbed this book...

...which we haven't read in quite some time, and excitedly said, "Boose!!"
And THEN, he opened up this book...
...and turned to the last page (you know, the one that says, "...Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night?") and he said, "Night night!"Wow, I was just so impressed. And I just had to brag :)
Ok I'm done.
3 comments:
That is too cute! And brag away!
Ahhhh...so cute. It must be in the genes. ;)
What a smart boy! I loved reading those cute things about him. And as his mom, I think you're totally entitled to all the bragging you want. ;)
Post a Comment