Thursday, September 10, 2009

Naptime Struggles

Our silly boy has had trouble going to sleep for his nap the past few days. There is no doubt that he is exhausted and needs a nap, but he simply refuses to fall asleep. He'll be up in his room and I'll hear "thud! thud!" - he is throwing all of the contents of his bed onto the floor (the thud was his crib rail covers that I use to hold a blanket up to block the sun, and any books in his bed - he loves to read before bedtime!).

Yesterday I finally caved when he started crying and crying. When I got in his room to see what was the matter, there he was in his bed with his blankets, pillow, everything on the floor, except his big teddy bear (whom we affectionately call Bum Bum), which he was clinging to desperately. Poor Bum Bum was hanging out of the crib while James tried desperately to pull him back through the crib rails by his leg. James saw me and cried "Bum Bum!!" It was sad but oh so cute.

Today I put him down and thought all was well, when all of a sudden we hear cheerful yelling coming from his room. He was saying "Echo!!.......................Echo!!!" At least he can keep himself entertained... :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

What a funny guy! I'm glad he loves the bear so much and I think the fact that his name is Bum Bum is the best part!