Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Hair

Today I decided to cut James' hair before his bath. He was seriously beginning to look like a wild child.

Mistake attempting a haircut without Daddy's help? Oh yes. He was not a happy child. But once you run those clippers through the very middle of a kid's head of crazy hair, there is no stopping. I ended up cutting his hair sitting on the floor; I had a sad, sobbing boy laying his head in my lap, tears streaming down his snot- and hair-covered face, screaming:
  
"Put it back, Mommy! Put it back!!"

We quickly finished the job, he looked in the mirror and was rather pleased with his handsome haircut. And I think he has forgiven me.




3 comments:

{Mostly Jenn} said...

Aw, look at him checking himself out! Adorable :)

meg baker said...

Hair Cuts!! Agh I so dread them. You are so brave and accomplished to do this without Dad. We try it all. Candy, movie, toys, promises to play, and playing with the squirt bottle. Therefore I say to you, "You are the woman!" He is an awfully cute boy.

bonnie jack said...

put it back! i love it. what a cutie.