We've been doing really well. James has been tasting lots of new kinds of foods and really enjoying eating solids! Lately he has loved oatmeal and pears and carrots, and he can usually tolerate a little squash. His biggest news is that he has learned how to crawl! I'll have to take a video of him and post it, it is so cute. For awhile he could get up on his hands and knees and would rock back and forth, and he could scoot anywhere if there was something he REALLY wanted to get his hands on - which is usually something electronic (like father like son!). On Monday, he all of a sudden started crawling, moving his hands and knees! It is so darn cute and we can't believe how fast he is growing! His personality is getting cuter and cuter. I think he has quite the sense of humor, and he seems really aware of things and really smart (not that I'm biased....) The other day while I was feeding him he was just laughing and laughing at me, it was so fun.
He also had his 6-month checkup with Dr. Durham and got his immunizations. He did really well this time with his shots, only cried a little and wasn't too sore afterwards. Dr. Durham said he is really healthy! We were a little surprised he hadn't gained a little more weight, he weighed exactly 16 pounds, and dropped a bit in the percentiles. But he is eating so much now, I 'm sure he'll be just fine. He is a GREAT eater and is getting so good at opening his mouth WIDE for bites! So cute.
Jonathan just got a fun new toy - he got a new bike! He used to have a nice bike before we met and when we were dating, and he used to ride it EVERYWHERE. We would even ride it together all over campus, and we named it Gary. He loved his bike - but then it got stolen! Since then he hasn't really ridden much at all. My parents went in with me on it for their graduation gift for him, and it was my Fathers Day gift for him. He has been riding it to work most days, which we think is about 6 miles each way, and he is loving it! I have to admit that I am also loving it, because it means that I have a car during the day! Jonathan is enjoying his job and we are currently trying to figure out our lives and get him ready for grad school.
I have actually been sick for 2 or 3 weeks and I am finally just getting better (one reason I have not posted on our blog too much lately). I was sick for awhile, and I finally gave in and went to the doctor and it turned out that I have some type of rare sinus infection. I am feeling a lot better now, though, thank goodness!
Here are some fun recent pictures. These two were taken on Fathers Day when we went to visit my Grandpa and Grandma Gibbons. They are so cute and I love them so much! I am so glad that James has such wonderful great-grandparents who love him so much!
We love living so close to my parents, and James loves his Grandma and Grandpa! We were there for dinner on Sunday, and Aunt Liz brought her whole dinner group from Provo for dinner, and we had such a fun time! We stayed a little late and, as you can see, James was SO sleepy! Here he is in his comfy pajamas with his Grandma.
The other day I was making dinner, and I heard Jonathan playing the piano. When I came downstairs this is what I found! James loves playing the piano - maybe he'll be a pianist someday! His Daddy plays a lot, and lately I have been practicing a lot more - so maybe it'll rub off on him!
1 comment:
you have been challenged to write a 6 word memoir.
http://jordonandanniemerrill.blogspot.com/2008/06/i-have-been-challenged-by-jessica-to.html
p.s. what grad school is jonathan going to? and for what?
Post a Comment