Monday, July 21, 2008

"What's wrong with the Bosters?"

While in St. George we went to Snow Canyon and played at the sand dunes there. It was lots of fun and was so pretty there in the evening, we got lots of fun pictures. My family has a running joke about the sand dunes; last year we went there, and Jonathan and I were standing on top of one of the dunes. The rest of the family walked far away to the next huge dune over. Unfortunately, they did not realize how the acoustics worked on the dunes, and Liz said to the rest of the family, in a normal voice, "What's wrong with the Bosters?? They're sure grumpy today," to which I responded "We can hear you."

I can't even remember why/if we were really grumpy that day, but I do know that I was pregnant at the time :) In fact, here is a picture from last year to compare with this year (at the time I thought I was a LOT bigger than I really was):


And here we are this year with our baby! My how your life can change in a year!


We've had a lot of fun with this "What's wrong with the Bosters" joke, but it also kind of backfired on Jonathan and I one night of our trip. We were playing a board game, Diplomacy, where you have to take over countries and you make alliances with people and plot to take other people out (we're kind of nerdy that way). Jonathan and I went to our bedroom to plot against my Dad or somebody, I can't quite remember, and we had this big long conversation - and then we realized that the baby monitor was in the room and was on, and the receiver was in the kitchen, where the rest of the family was. Oops! The moral of this story is, be careful what you say about other people, because they just might hear you!

Anyway, here are some fun pictures of our family at the sand dunes:













No comments: