Friday, August 15, 2008

family trip to . . . . Gillette, Wyoming?

Yes, that's right - my boys and I took a little family vacation to a random city in Wyoming that we had never heard of before. A little bit random, but we had so much fun! Jonathan had to go to Gillette, Wyoming for his job, and James and I decided to go with him. We took a company truck and drove up there on Wednesday (about a nine-hour drive, but longer with a baby!), stayed in a hotel and then drove back on Thursday. It was a lot of driving, but it was nice to get away!

James and I in front of the truck. We totally want to get a truck now, it was a lot of fun! The seat in the back was just the right size to fit a car seat. I also loved the truck because it was red :)

My boys

Here is James, all ready to go! He was such a champ on the drive - he slept quite a bit, and was a little fussy (understandably) but overall he did great!

James' seat in the back seat of the truck - we set up his little mirror so we could see him more easily, and he loved looking in it during the drive!

Stopping somewhere in Wyoming...in the middle of nowhere...and James is so happy to be out of his seat!

James and Daddy taking a break from driving

lovely

Stopping for lunch

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I love the picture of James and Jonathan where it looks like James is saying: ta-da! So cute. Miss you guys! Love ya,
K

SUSIE E. STOUT said...

How fun!!! What is Jonathan doing for work? James is so cute!

Megan said...

I love trips like this one...oh it looks like you had so much fun! I love that about you-you can make ANYTHING fun! We took a trip to the east coast recently, and Harry was also quite the trooper. James is getting cuter and cuter....what eyes!