Sunday, August 24, 2008

What are the odds??

Yesterday we went to DI for fun to look at books and movies. We love buying used books at DI! There was a great selection and unbeatable prices! While we were browsing through the shelves, Jonathan grabbed a Book of Mormon and a Bible and said, "let's buy these for James - they can be his first scriptures!"

He set them down on top of a shelf, and the cover of the Bible kind of fell open to the first page. As I looked at it, I couldn't believe my eyes - inside was written the name of the Bible's previous owner. It said, "Cheryl Longhurst" - as in, Cheryl Longhurst, my best friend from junior high and high school!! As in "Jen & Cher," as in my inseparable bestest bud. It was seriously the craziest thing ever, I couldn't believe it! I called Cheryl right away, and left a message on her phone. Seriously though, what are the odds of something like this happening? We thought it was pretty funny. :)

And in honor of this crazy experience, here is a little blast from the past - the first picture is Cheryl and I in 9th grade (taken in the infamous Mrs. Duncan's classroom - good times) and the second is in high school before the Sweethearts Dance - I can't remember if that was our junior or senior year. Anyway, it is so fun to look back at these old pictures. Cheryl and her husband live in Virginia now so we don't see each other much, but I'm so grateful for her friendship; even if we don't talk as much as we should, it is always fun to see her and to catch up. Love ya, Cher!


1 comment:

Joanna said...

NO WAY! That is so awesome! I totally remember when you guys did that game for a presentation in Duncan's class! Aaah....good times. Do you think she still has all her placemats? haha