Monday, April 27, 2009

a buddy for James

This weekend we got to watch our friend Henry for his parents while they were at a wedding. We were excited for James to actually have another child to play with! As you can imagine, James tends to hang out with adults for the majority of his time. So we thought this would be a great opportunity to test the waters and see how James will maybe do in nursery in a little over a month (I am hoping he doesn't take after his Mommy - I spent my whole nursery career standing there, big tears rolling down my cheeks, too shy to play with the other kids even though my Dad was there EVERY week, playing on the floor with all the other kids...).

James did great! He took a while to warm up and just sat on my lap and watched Henry play with his toys, but he gradually got to where he was actually playing with Henry and copying things that he was doing (Henry would squeal, then James would squeal...it was quite amusing). We all had so much fun! Here are some pictures of the two boys.



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Those are cute pictures...I'm glad they had fun playing with each other. Henry loves every chance he gets to play with other kids. And I'm glad you were able to make his own room for him...it makes a HUGE difference and I'm sure he loves it.