I thought I'd share an awesome recipe we sort of...came up with...the other day. Anyone tried the dutch oven peach cobbler recipe where you layer peaches, cake mix and 7up? Well, we have and we love it - it tastes great and is so simple. The other day I was so craving some peach cobbler - but didn't quite have all the ingredients. We made do with what we had, and it turned out delicious! Here's the recipe:
Ingredients
Peaches (we just used a store-bought 16 oz. can)
Blueberry muffin mix (we used the Betty Crocker kind where you just add water & it makes a small batch; we tried the Triple Berry flavor the 2nd time and liked Blueberry better)
Cherry 7up

Drain out syrup from peaches can and dump peaches in a baking pan. Cover peaches with muffin mix. Pour cherry 7up over muffin mix until there are no dry parts left (we used about half the can).
Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 or 25 minutes.

Turns out delicious, oozing with purple amazingness.
Hope you enjoy!
4 comments:
That sounds so yummy! So do you add the water to the muffin mix, or just dump the muffin mix in dry?
We don't add the water - just dump it in dry!
I've been wanting to try that cherry 7-up antioxidant..is it yummy? Where did you find it?
We've tried this cobbler with cherries at the bottom (from a can), a dry chocolate cake mix, and a caffeine free coke...wasn't as good as the peach cobbler, but still okay. It might be even better with cherries, chocolate cake, and cherry 7-up! Yum!
Ooh, I'll have to try this. Jon and I also really like the peach, 7 up and cake mix cobbler. One time I didn't have 7 up so I used orange soda-- it turned out great! I'll be excited to try it with blue berry muffins mix, that would be good.
Post a Comment