Monday, September 21, 2009

happy AUTUMN!

I was just sitting here and realized that tomorrow is the first day of autumn! This is happy for many reasons, like:

1) I really don't like summer all that much. It is just too hot and sunny for me. I much prefer cooler weather, and I much prefer cloudy days to sunny days.

2) There is something comfy-cozy about autumn and winter that I just LOVE. I can't wait to build a fire in our fireplace and drink hot cocoa!

3) Autumn/winter clothes are cuter than summer clothes - I just love a cute sweater.

4) This is when all the HOLIDAYS begin! I love the holidays. In our little family, fall/winter is holiday central (when you include birthdays and other such events in the holiday category). It all started last week with Jonathan's birthday. For me, General Conference has always been like a holiday - I love it so much! That is in a couple of weeks. Then comes my birthday in mid-October, Halloween, of course (which we LOVE - see here, here, here and here), Thanksgiving (can't wait to go to Oregon and eat tons of pie!), then James' 2nd birthday at the beginning of December, our 4th anniversary on the 20th of December, then Christmas and New Years of course. Now that is a lot of celebrating. I can't wait! :)


Happy Autumn, everybody!

2 comments:

Janina Herbert said...

AAAAAAAAAMEN, SISTA! :P

Okay and I NEED to call you TODAY - i have my first real lesson with dr. peery-fox today (eep!) so after that's over, I'll call you. I'm SO SO SO SO SORRY that we missed Jonathan's birthday bash on saturday night - i should've called you to tell you we couldn't make it. I'll explain more details when we're on the phone, but friday, matt got offered this job up in idaho, and we have NO IDEA whether to take it or not. so saturday night was the only time that day that Matt's parents could watch aaron so we could go to the temple. So we went to the temple saturday night, but i'm SO SORRY - i should've called you to tell you this. I feel like SUCH a bad friend :(
Anyways, I love you and miss you and CAN'T WAIT to talk to you today! muahWHACK!

(ps - LOOOOOOOOVE your blog! I love all the different kinds of pics and everything!OOH! We should maybe get together this week! k bye!)

{Mostly Jenn} said...

I agree, Autumn is really fun! Especially the hot cocoa and fireplace... :)