"There is no other closeness in human life like the
closeness between a mother and her baby...
they are just a few heartbeats away from
being the same person." - Susan Cheever
closeness between a mother and her baby...
they are just a few heartbeats away from
being the same person." - Susan Cheever

As my Dad likes to say, James and I are pretty much the same person. As he is getting older, though, he is realizing more and more that we actually are, in fact, not. I suppose this can cause for some feelings of possessiveness toward his mommy.
Lately James cannot stand it when Jonathan and I show affection for each other.
We hold hands, and his little brow starts to furrow. This means business. Ever since the day he was born (when someone had the gall to straighten the little man's hat), whenever James furrows his brow it means he is bugged. He pushes his Daddy's hand away and says, "Mom!!"
We kiss, and he just can't stand it. He yells "Mom!!" and pushes Jonathan's face away.
Apparently we have some jealousy issues here.

2 comments:
HAHAHAHA! THAT IS SO FUNNY! aww man, that is hilarious. i love you guys! (and i love your shoes! SO CUTE!)
CANNOT WAIT to get together with you! HEY! you know what i was thinking today, totally randomly in the middle of practicing?
i thought how YOU could totally get a master's right now if you wanted to! (well, of course and if it felt right and if the timing was right). but i was just thinking how you could TOTALLY handle the work load! seriously! it's easier than undergrad, i think. anyways, that was SO random, but i thought "Wouldn't that be BEYOND AWESOME if Jenny Bay an I were BOTH getting our master's AT THE SAME TIME?!" seriously! you audition for next year, and you're all set!
k, random thoughts that probably wouldn't work into your schedule now anyways :P bottom line: i was thinking of you!
love ya! muahWHACK!
That's funny, Jenny. I JUST posted about how Bekah can't stand to be away from her Dad! It must be the age, I guess :)
Post a Comment