Thursday, February 21, 2008

Our Baby is Growing Up!

This may sound crazy, but I seriously think that James visibly grew bigger today! He just looks SO big to me, I can't believe it! He is just growing up right before our eyes! He is so much bigger than he was when he was born! He went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago for his 2-month checkup, and he weighed 12 pounds 7 ounces! He measured 25 inches, and is in the 96th percentile for length! He is a big boy! I keep telling him that he is going to be tall like his Uncle Josh. Anyway, our baby is just growing up so fast, and while it is a little sad that he's not quite a newborn anymore, it is so fun and exciting to see him changing every day!

He is beginning to grab onto his toys more and to start to "play" with them. Well, at least he tries to eat them! Especially stuffed animals, he always tries to put them in his mouth. Ok, so I handed him the teddy bear, but he totally held onto it and hugged it and . . . well, tried to eat it! :)

Our sweet little boy!


James absolutely LOVES his Uncle Josh! Josh can always calm him down when James is sad. James just gazes into Josh's eyes, it is the cutest thing in the world. Josh has been staying with us for a couple of days, and James has been having so much fun!

Yummy!

This boy is just so cute, I can't help myself - I take so many pictures of him! Here I was about to change his diaper, and he was so happy that I was changing him that he was just smiling at me so big!

Look how grown-up he is looking! I can't believe it!

James likes to be a good little "helper" and he holds onto his pants while I change his diaper, it is hilarious. Usually he just tries to eat them.

Just look at those eyes! I am in love! :)

This boy is so pleasant!

Our happy, happy boy! :)

Tummy time!

Trying to roll over. He actually rolled over for the first time about 5 weeks ago, but hasn't really done it since. But tonight (just after I took this picture) he rolled over about 5 times!

5 comments:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

wow! He really is getting big-- 25 inches! He is so adorable-- and so smart- you can see it in his eyes that he is just curious about everything!

Janina Herbert said...

ok, jenny bay....HE IS SO CUTE!! i'm so glad you take so many pictures because i never tire of seeing them - i want to see as many as possible! :) HE IS ADORABLE - AND SO HAPPY! you two are amazing parents :) love and miss you TONS! muahWHACK!

Megan said...

So adorable! Thanks for posting so many pics-it's fun to see James grow! I can't believe how he is a rollin machine!

Lil Lizzie said...

now THAT is a shnazzy outfit :)

brie said...

Your little boy is adorable! And it was so nice to find your blog. How are you?