James decided to have a really messy diaper right before the picture, so we ended up changing him in the grass, poor kid! My cousin Lori got this picture and I think it's hilarious. The poor kid was naked in the grass, because we had left the blanket in the car.
After the picture, my family went with my aunt Shari, cousins Michelle, Lisa and Heidi, and Lisa's husband Jim, and had breakfast at Denny's. The food was way good! James kept trying to grab it. I guess that's a sign that he's ready for solid foods, eh?
Annie, Mama, and Pops
Josh, Liz and Abby
Me and my cute sister Abby
James was tired and hungry and was in quite the funny mood - here he is, squirming in his Grandpa's arms. That kid is so ready to start crawling and moving around!
I was holding James and he was just CRYING, he was so sad - so Daddy took him and was able to make him so happy! He was smiling and laughing and dancing (videos to come). Daddy is so good at cheering that boy up!
We went home for a little while, and then got ready to leave James with his first babysitter ever! His babysitter was this cute girl in our ward named Katie. I used to babysit Katie and her siblings all the time when I was a teenager, and I also taught them all piano lessons, so it was kind of fun that now she is babysitting my son! I was talking about it with Katie and two of her sisters a week or so ago, and they thought it was so cute that it has come full circle, now that she's tending my baby. I was a little worried, just because I didn't know how James would do with a stranger, but right when she came in he smiled at her so big, so that helped a ton! He was a really good boy and even took a bottle!
We then had a nice banquet up at the University of Utah with the Gibbons fam, including Grandma and Grandpa, their children and spouses, and all the grandchildren and spouses. We had a nice program with members of the family performing musical numbers and such, and my uncle put together a fun video of old family movies (my, was I a shy child!) My grandparents both said a few words and were so sweet, they are amazing people. They also announced a scholarship/mission fund that they will be setting up for their descendants when they "shoot over." I am so grateful for such amazing grandparents who are always encouraging us to do our best and to get as much education as we can, and who are always so supportive and generous. They really are great examples to me.
Here I am with my sweet Grandma - what an amazing lady she is!
Me and Grandpa - he is such a great man!
Mama with my cousin Emily and my Aunt Ruthie.
Some of the Stonemans - Allen, Molly Bay, Ben, Augie and Sam. Ben is impersonating his mother in an awesome photo that was included in a family recipe book we all got - funniest picture ever! Ben's wife, Melissa, just had a baby boy on Friday night - congrats!
Datty and Liz
All the girls - aren't we so cute? Left to right is Annie, Liz, me, Mama, and Abby.
The boys - Jonathan and Josh
1 comment:
I'm so sad I missed the gibbons get together! Keep me posted on all the family details!
p.s. - I just showed a picture of your baby to my new friends in Jordan and they thought he was as cute as I do!
Post a Comment