Friday, October 10, 2008

Fun with the Merrills!

On Wednesday we had a spontaneous little get-together with our good friends Annie and Jordon Merrill. Annie Connors (I can't just call her Annie, I still call her Annie Connors, even though she's married now and is Annie Merrill) is one of my bestest buds from college! Sadly it had been over a year since we had seen them (and they live in Salt Lake, too - what is up with that? We are slackers I guess) so it was high time to see them. They came over to our house and we played games. We played a rousing game of Cinqo, and then a round of Clue and then we played the Wii for awhile. Here are some fun pictures -

I love how my boys have the same face here -


Annie and Jordon -


Cute Annie -


Jenny Bay and Annie Connors! hehehe -


Jordon playing an awesome game on the Wii -


Jonathan playing the Wii -


It was a blast. I have to say that Annie and Jordon are such a fun couple to hang out with, we get along really well with them. It makes me happy that our husbands get along so well (since Annie and I get along so well, and since we always planned on being "married friends!") - they have a similar sense of humor and so hanging out with the Merrills is pretty much hilarious. We were laughing like the whole night.

And since I'm on the topic of Annie Connors (Merrill), I must say that I probably have more pictures of me with Annie Connors than with ANYONE, except maybe my husband - but seriously, I have got an ENORMOUS amount of photos of Annie and I during our crazy college days. Annie and I were roommates (I guess for only a semester - man, it seems like it was longer than that!) and then we both moved to Roman Gardens the next year (in different apartments - but, we were pretty much still together a lot).

Oh my goodness, I have SO many funny memories with Annie. Like how we used to roll out of bed at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings when we lived in Roman Gardens and go straight down to choir practice in our pj's, hair all messed up and looking all nasty. Everyone else was in their Sunday clothes and they would kind of look at us weird, but we didn't care. The really funny thing is that Jonathan was the choir director at the time. And this was way before we even dated! I wonder why he dated me after seeing me like this every week??

Or there was the time we studied at the library during finals week until the wee hours of the morning, and it got so late and we were so hyper and crazy, we took all these funny pictures and probably disturbed everyone else who was trying to study. We also made movies of us running through the library aisles like we were from Charlies Angels or something.

Anyway, I am just so grateful for Annie and her friendship, she is amazing! I am also so glad that even though it has been so long, we are still good friends and it is still so fun to get together.

And, for your viewing enjoyment, I thought I'd put an assortment of Jenny Bay and Annie Connors pictures. Enjoy!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good times! We definitely have fun whenever we're together! Let's play again soon! Call us anytime, we love playing with you guys!