Thursday, September 10, 2009

why it's been awhile...

Yeah I know, I usually update this blog like every day or two! The past couple of weeks have been crazy and hard. Last Monday we went to the doctor for what was supposed to be my first prenatal appointment - I was about 8 1/2 weeks pregnant - and when my doctor did an ultrasound we weren't able to see a heartbeat. After more blood work and ultrasounds, we found out that it was, in fact, a miscarriage.

While it is definitely one of the hardest things we have had to deal with, I am so grateful for my sweet husband and family and friends who have been so kind. I have a much greater understanding of and sympathy for what so many women go through, and I have gained such a greater love and appreciation for our dear James.

Our weekend consisted of a lot of waiting around for it to happen, a lot of time spent with my two sweet boys, and a lot of movies and shows to get our mind off of things. James now enjoys Gilmore Girls as much as I do (in fact, Jonathan even watched quite a few episodes with me!) and excitedly says, "Girls?!?" and climbs on my lap when I start a new episode. We are also now newly-addicted to Lost, to which I can credit some crazy dreams about bears and things.

It's hard to move on when you are still waiting for a miscarriage to happen, so it was kind of a rough weekend. Monday I went in for a d&c and we were finally able to have some closure, for which we are so grateful. We are just so grateful for all the sweet phone calls and messages and emails and meals, and are now feeling much better and are ready to move on.

I am so glad that I have two amazing boys in my life! They are just wonderful :) Also on the up-side, I am enjoying my new burst of energy and am finally hoping to for real finish getting us all "moved in" - today I even got some family pictures framed and hung up. Stay tuned for pictures of our new home :)

16 comments:

Annie said...

I love you guys! I'm happy to see new posts on the blog. Let's hang out soon!

Joanna said...

Jenny, I am so sorry to hear this. If there's anything we can do for you, please let us know.

Elaina said...

Oh Jenny! I am so sorry! I had one before so if you ever want to vent I'm all ears (or eyes - whichever). Praying for you!

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

Oh! My heart goes out to you guys, miscarriages are so hard. But you are an amazing woman, and have a great husband, and I am sure the Lord is aware of you and your family. Jon and I will keep you in our prayers. We love you!

Laurel said...

I am so sorry for your loss! You are such an amazing person, and have a wonderful attitude about your experience. I'm so glad you have such a great husband and sweet little angel to help you make it through.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry Jenny, what a hard thing to go through. But I must say, I had to smile about James saying 'girls?'when you watch Gilmore Girls, that is too cute. Hopefully he's helping to bring some smiles into your day at a rough time. We love you guys!

Brooke S. said...

We love you Jenny Bay. The issue of babies can be a joy and a sorrow I'm learning.

Lori said...

So sorry for your loss, Jenny. We will keep you and your sweet little family in our prayers. Love you guys

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry Jenny. I'm praying for you!

Platte and Heather said...

Jenny Bay, I am so sorry for you. You are in my prayers! I miss you and love you!! And at least you have Gilmore Girls to watch--it always cheers me up!

Preston and Angie said...

The time between finding out there was no heartbeat and actually miscarrying was the hardest time for me too! It's really tough and I'm sorry you had to go through it, but it helps so much to know that it's over and you can try again and most of all that you have a Heavenly Father who is still in control and has reasons for everything. Just don't be too surprised if you feel a little doubtful of your next pregnancy ... I was almost scared to find out I was pregnant again because there was a part of me that was so sure it wouldn't work out this time either. But, I have grown to appreciate the fact that my body is successfully carrying this little guy even more than I probably would otherwise! Good luck!!

Megan said...

Love you Jenny! What a hard thing to go through. You are such a good mom, and I love checking your blog! On a side note, Dave and I started watching LOST a while back (starting with season 1) and are, unfortunately, addicted too!! What a crazy show. Best wishes in the months to come - I'm sure there will be more emotional ups and downs, but you are amazing. Do you keep up with Heather (Husted) Wilson? She has been in the hospital with her second pregnancy...

Michelle said...

How sad....I'm sure it's been hard for you. Isn't the Atonement wonderfful in this way? Christ understands what we feel. I'm sure James has brought joy to you too! He is SO cute, and I love seeing the pictures! Can't wait to see pics of your new home!

Chelsie said...

Oh Jenny, I am so very sorry! I am glad that you have a supporortive famliy, and your wonderful testimony to rely on. And Gilmore Girls will definatly cheer you up a bit, they always make me smile. I just wish Spencer would watch it with me like James does with you! That is too cute! I will call you this week k!

Jeff and Kathryn said...

Jenny I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage! I hope you are ok and I'm thinking of you!

Beth said...

Hey, Jenny, Dave was looking on your blog and told me that you had experienced this. I'm very sorry for your loss. I had one, too, about a year before Sam was born. It was a rough summer.

I know it's been a month or two since it happened, but if you feel like you want to talk, I'm available. My email address is ithilien19 at yahoo dot com.