
My little buddy and I went for a fun walk today around our neighborhood, then we had to go slide down the slide, then James held my hand and ran home. He is very into running lately. And holding hands, and going on walks.
I once read a great quote about motherhood - "The walks and talks we have with our two-year-olds in red boots have a great deal to do with the values they will cherish as adults." (Edith F. Hunter)
Being a mom can be hard sometimes! There are so many things demanding your attention, particularly your child, and it can be so hard to do everything you want to get done. It's easy to let your patience wear thin.
But lately, I have realized how good it is to just slow down, sit on the floor for awhile and pull out all the stuffed animals in your house and play with them (who cares about that load of laundry when you have this cute little face looking up at you?).

Or to lay on a blanket and read favorite books over and over and over (The Little Red Caboose, Goodnight Moon, The Polar Express...). (It can actually be quite relaxing, and make you feel like a kid again!)
Or to go on the slowest walk ever (those little legs can only go so fast, even at running speed) but to notice everything around you through the eyes of a toddler - apples on the ground, speed "bums" to walk over (those are speed bumps if you were wondering), orange pumpkins, bugs, pine cones.
I am so glad to be a mommy, and to be able to do these fun things with my boy every day. I am grateful for the slow walks we take and the sweet little talks we have. And I do think they are important - I hope every little kid gets to go on long walks with their mommy, too.
2 comments:
You do have a cute little boy! And your photography is amazing.
Childhood is one of life's most precious "speed bums!" Glad you're taking it slow, Bayzer. I love you! Popsy.
Post a Comment