Monday, February 8, 2010

hiding

Yesterday evening I was doing the dishes. James played with cars on the floor while his Daddy played some Bach preludes & fugues on the piano (I love my husband!). After a few minutes I looked up and realized James was gone. Where was he?

I started looking around the house and couldn't find him anywhere. I knew he had to be in the house somewhere, but since I couldn't find him I started to get worried. (Have any other mommies noticed that it is so hard not to worry about your kid? It's like you become a mommy and your worry switch immediately turns on. I often still go into James' room while he's sleeping at night to check if he's breathing, like I used to do when he was a little baby - anyone else do that?)

Jonathan helped me and we started searching, and we searched pretty much everywhere, and no James! We were calling to him, saying, "James! Where are you?" No answer.

Suddenly we heard a faint little voice, so we again said, "Where are you?"

Daddy opened the door to our walk-in closet, and there was our little guy, grinning ear to ear and holding a giant red ball. It was actually hilarious, I wish I had had my camera with me to take his picture, standing there with a huge red ball, waiting for us to find him.

He said, "In da door! Holding da ball!!"

Phew. I told James that he scared me, and he smiled and said, "Yeah......I happy."

What a silly billy.

No comments: