Friday, February 19, 2010
My James.
Today my sanity slowly slipped away as James held up M&M after M&M, saying, "What's dat?? He asked with each one.
He wonders "what's dat" all the time. Constantly. And he loves to do things by himself. "Self!" he says.
In fact he climbed into his high chair by himself, while I was on the phone, and when I heard little yelps I ran into the kitchen, and there he was, feet barely touching the ground, his little white t-shirt stuck way up high on the high chair. As sad as it was I couldn't help but laugh out loud, it was pretty funny. I asked him afterwards "where does it hurt?" to which he responded by poking out his round little belly as far as it would go. I kissed his tummy and all was well.
Seriously though, this kid is a keeper. He's all about being happy lately. He constantly says "I happy!" or "Daddy happy!" The past two days, though, if I exhibit any sign of any emotion other than happiness (be it frustration, exhaustion, determination or just plain being bugged), he gets a major pouty face and says, "Mommy? Happy?!?" I have been working on keeping a happy face, despite my inner feelings. If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy....am I right?
Here's a fun conversation:
me: "James, do you feel sick?"
James: "No. I happy."
Today James was a hyper little doggie who wouldn't take a nap, crawling all around the house licking things. "Dog food!" he said. Of course.
He wanted to go somewhere really badly today..."Go sumpin'! a-Go sumpin', Mama!"
It was quite the day and I am quite the exhausted Mama...but I wouldn't trade it for anything :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Cute, Cute Jenny Bay! Questions for you - how did you make the cute tabs at the top of your blog? Can you direct me to a tutorial or something?
thanks!
Post a Comment