Tuesday, February 9, 2010

stick it on the fridge

Is it weird that I just can't bring myself to throw away any of James' little pictures he colors in nursery every Sunday?



We've got 'em on the fridge and in his closet and they just keep on popping up in various places throughout the house. Why is it that I just can't get rid of a picture of a little boy (with yarn attached for wearing it, mind you) that says, "Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ Love Me" that James so beautifully colored (er...scribbled) all by himself? (Even though he used red and black, like for the face and eyes...)
I still just find it so dear (and so crazy!) that my boy is old enough to color pictures and bring them home to mommy. Maybe if I hold onto all his cute little drawings I can hold onto him at this age for just a little bit longer.......or maybe not. But I can try, right?

Can you just see me when he's in grade school, bringing home artwork and worksheets and the like? I'd better get me a filing cabinet...

4 comments:

{Mostly Jenn} said...

HAHA, that was my lesson. I promise he picked the colors. I also promise there was no brawl going on in Nursery. I have an old oatmeal container that I covered in brown paper (to match my living room) and store all the drawings my nieces and nephews draw me.

Karli said...

I saw a cute idea for things like this. You take a picture of their artwork, file it digitally & then put them all on a cd...or you could put them in photoshop & make a collage on an 8x10 or 12x12 page & create scrapbook pages without the bulk & mess. I love Gray's stuff he brings home too & understand wanting to hold onto them at their cuteness stages. Love & miss you!

Jenny Bay said...

Those are both such great ideas! Thanks :)

Martha said...

I was going to say display everything for a little bit and then scan them in to your computer. He will definitely want to see all that artwork when he grows up. Plus, if you make a scrapbook like Karli suggested you can show all of his future girlfriends!!