
A few weeks ago I started singing to him the song "To Think About Jesus." I have always loved this song, and I have a very distinct memory of singing this song in Primary as a very little girl. I remember sitting in the Primary room on a hot Sunday afternoon, with the bright sun shining through the white curtains, and singing this song and thinking about Jesus and how He died for me. I think this may have been one of the first times I had really thought about and received a testimony of the Atonement.
How sweet it is now to sing this song to James, and have him sing right along with me (because he knows every word!). I hope that he will always remember this song and remember that Jesus Christ loves him and died for him.
It shouldn't be hard to sit very still,
And think about Jesus, His cross on the hill,
And all that He suffered and did for me.
It shouldn't be hard to sit quietly.
It shouldn't be hard, even though I am small,
To think about Jesus.
Not hard at all.
I love and am grateful for good music, and really believe it is a powerful tool for teaching our children. It really is "not hard at all" to instill in our children a love for the Savior and a great foundation for their own testimony.
Happy Sunday!
I'd love to know what songs you sing to your kids!
4 comments:
I like to sing "Mary's Lullaby" "As I Search the Holy Scriptures" "I am Like a Star" Those are my faves...oh I also do "On a Golden Springtime" I also love primary songs. We sing them in the morning, all day and before bed!
Aren't Primary songs great? I also love "On a Golden Springtime!" That is another favorite of ours.
When I was in the Primary presidency in my old ward, the stake reminded us that the Primary songs are the best way to teach kids the Gospel. They may or may not remember their teachers and the lessons, but they will always remember the songs. I find myself singing the Primary songs at work, at the grocery store and anywhere else I am.
My favorite is "I Love to See the Temple."
I think it's so true! The thing I remember most about Primary is singing time.
Post a Comment