Tuesday, September 16, 2008

one exciting morning

One thing we have learned lately, since we are still sharing a room with James (can't wait until he has his own...), is that if we wake up in the morning and James is awake, he will happily play in his crib (usually) if he thinks we are still sleeping. However, if we as much as move a muscle, James will notice and he immediately starts crying for us to get him out. There have been many-a-morning when Jonathan and I have both been lying there as still as possible, hoping to catch a little more sleep before we absolutely must get up, or at least to get to stay in bed a little bit longer, even if it means we have to just pretend we're sleeping.

On Saturday James woke up bright and early at 6:30, as usual (darn) and I fed him, half asleep, and then tried putting him back in his crib, hoping he'd sleep a little bit longer (it was Saturday, after all). He apparently didn't like that idea - he would have much preferred to stay in our bed and crawl all over us. Well, it was a good thing I put him back in his crib. He fussed for a little while and I immediately went right back to sleep, I was so exhausted - he finally fussed enough to wake me up, so I felt bad and went to get him up. I found him sitting in his crib in a big mess that had somehow exploded out of his diaper. It was everywhere. Poor Jonathan wanted to sleep in but I made him get up and help me. We sleepily gave our happy boy a bath and he had a grand old time. Then I washed everything, the sheet, mattress pad, blankets, bumper pads and his clothes. Whew, what a morning! And it wasn't even 8:00 yet!

sleepy Daddy and his happy boy - lately James points at everything with his cute little finger

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

CRAZY! I'm glad you didn't get exploded on-- that is the worst. I can't believe how big he is getting-- totally adorable!