Monday, April 20, 2009

an apple a day...

I am always trying to get James to eat more fruits and vegetables (a difficult task for any mother of a toddler) - lately I have been trying to get him to eat apples. So I'll give him apple slices and he just will NOT eat them (even though he loves apple juice). Well last night I walked into the room and James and his Daddy were eating an apple (whole), taking turns taking bites. I couldn't believe it! So I tried it today, and sure enough, he took tons of bites! What a funny boy - I actually think it may be because it is shaped like a ball - this kid LOVES balls. He calls grapes "balls" and sometimes gets mad when I cut them in half, because then they don't look like a ball anymore. If I put the halves back together, then he'll eat it. Go figure! It reminds me of my brother - when he was little, we could get him to eat ANYTHING if we told him it tasted like hot dogs. Aren't kids funny?




5 comments:

Karli said...

such cute pics! I haven't tried apples because I'm too scared of choking, but I guess I'll have to buck up and try them with Gray. James is talking so well!

We miss you guys! And, great job on your dad's running that marathon so quickly! That is fantastic-What a great achievement!

Hope you're doing well! Love the new blog page too!

Chelsie said...

Thats funny! I am going to try the apple thing with Spencer. He is the same way with balls, he LOVES them. It must be a boy thing!

Annie said...

What a cutie! That was clever just to give him the whole apple Jonathan! I guess this boy just likes things to be the right shape before he eats them.

Megan said...

That sounds just like Harry!! He totally loves balls too - anything remotely round is a ball. Pretty cute. I will have to try and give Harry a whole apple.

Susie Stout said...

Well at least you're figuring him out! He is adorable.