Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bye Bye, Baby!

Every few months or so I go through James' clothes and box up the ones that don't fit him anymore. As I did that this morning I couldn't help but feel a little sad and nostalgic.

His first tiny pair of shoes. His cuddly monster pj's and his fuzzy green giraffe pajamas. His comfy blue long-sleeved onesie that kept him warm under his first Halloween costume - so many favorites that no longer fit my baby!

Gone are those tiny socks and those itty bitty sweat pants. Forget anything less than 18 mos. size (and some of those are too small) - my baby is a BOY now!

It was like I was packing away his babyhood, and realizing for real that he is no longer a baby.


Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love each new stage, and I have to admit that it is nice that I don't have to carry him everywhere, and that he can tell me if he wants milk or juice or if he is hot or cold. I love it how he thinks we are absolutely hilarious and says "again!" when we tickle him.

Sometimes, though, don't you just wish you could freeze time for a little while and keep them really little?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! we don't have internet so I haven't seen your blog forever! I just read the one that said you guys are looking at maybe buying a house. You should move to our neighborhood! Okay so maybe kaysville is kinda far but that would be the best ever! We need to play, like...yesterday!

Janina Herbert said...

YES! I totally agree. I loved this post, it was almost poetic :)

Today, while Aaroncito was crawling around in the kitchen, I thought to myself "Ohhh, I wish I could just freeze him just like he is today - this is such an adorable stage, and he's going to grow up too fast!"

anyways, I was thinking about you today - let's get together soon! I miss you! love ya! muahWHACK!

Melissa said...

I have the same thoughts sometimes, they grow so fast! I guess that's another reason why you keep having kids...to have another cuddly baby. :)