Thursday, July 16, 2009

What we've been up to...

With the plethora of pictures I have been taking and posting, I really haven't written many updates here! Thought I'd catch you all up on the happenings of our exciting life...

*Most importantly and most exciting is the news that Jonathan went permanent at his job this month! Up until now he has been working there as a temp, and as such he hasn't been getting any benefits. We were VERY blessed that a position opened up and they offered it to him! He got a great pay raise as well as EXCELLENT benefits, which we are very excited about! We are feeling more and more like "real adults" as we get our 401k, cafeteria plan, etc. up and running. What a blessing :) We are very excited!

*We are currently planning and preparing to find a place of our own to live - looking into possibly buying a home, fun stuff like that! While we are so grateful to my Grandma for letting us live in her house, we are SO excited and ready to have a place of our own again.

*I have started teaching piano again a little after not really teaching for a year and a half - and I love it! I currently have one cute student who is really talented and I am in the process of looking for more.

*Jonathan and I are teaching the 8-year-olds in Primary, which is fun but is QUITE the challenge as some of these kids are SUPER rambunctious. They are sweet though, and it is fun to have a calling with my husband!

*James has been going to nursery, and this past Sunday he went by himself and stayed the ENTIRE TIME for the very first time! We are so proud of him! He did cry a lot when we left, but then he did pretty well and (we think) had a fun time! Our boy is growing so fast!

*If you couldn't tell, I am obSESSED with photography and photo editing, and have been doing that a ton during James' naps. I can't seem to get enough! I would love to (eventually) have my own little photography business - we'll see what happens with that!

*As posted earlier, James is obsessed with cars (toy cars, books about cars, the movie Cars, riding in cars, "driving" cars, drawing cars, etc.), his Grandpa (he is CONSTANTLY saying "Bapa!"), and babies (he loves to "be a baby" - he lays down on the bed and has us wrap him up like a baby - which is really funny because when I was a toddler I went through a phase where I would always want to "be a baby!"; he loves looking at pictures of the "baby" (aka himself) on the computer or the camera and he gets SO excited whenever he sees a baby or a picture of a baby - it's pretty cute!)

*James' vocabulary is really expanding! Aside from other previously posted words he uses, here are some of his most recent words:

bet (bed)
bet (bread)
book (yes he can now say it correctly!)
bux (box)
wake! or make! ("I'm awake!")
baby
dit (treat)
bus
bat (bath)
bash (splash)
'nike! (goodnight!)
dosh (drive)
goy, agoy, or yago (yogurt)


Also, his new FAVORITE word seems to be "NO." Terrible twos, here we come...

Our little family has sure been blessed - we are so grateful!

2 comments:

Lckevan said...

You should totally make your own photography business! I love looking at all of your pictures on your blog. Feel free to take our pictures any time! :)

Melissa said...

Yay for the job! That is so exciting! I'm glad everything is working out so well for you guys. We would love to get together with you guys again sometime. And if you end up buying a house...good luck in the whole process!