This afternoon we had family home evening before Jonathan left for work. We have been doing FHE lessons from the cute new nursery manual that came out a little while ago. James LOVES looking at the pictures of Jesus and is so cute when we talk about Jesus.
Today our lesson was called "Jesus Christ Showed Us How to Love Others." James was so dang cute as I was teaching him the little lesson - he kept on nodding his head and enthusiastically saying "yeah!" about everything I said. We were talking about how we can show love to others by being nice to everyone. We then gave him some examples of being nice to people - one of which was being nice to Jukie (his Grandma, who he calls "Giki" lately) even when he is playing with Grandpa (this kid is a little obsessed with his Grandpa and sometimes he is the ONLY person he wants to play with - this one day he wasn't very nice to her when she tried to sit down next to him and play). So we finished up our lesson and that was that.
*****
This evening as James and I were visiting with my family, I mentioned our family home evening lesson, and said that we had learned to be nice to everyone. Without missing a beat, James got all excited and said "Giki!"
So glad that he learned something! :)
1 comment:
This is about the sweetest thing!! What a marvelous little boy!
Post a Comment