Friday, July 24, 2009

What were YOU doing at 2:00 a.m.?


....well, around 2 am (which, coincidentally, was the same time my Dad would have been getting up and getting ready for this), Jonathan was just getting home from work - for the next little while he'll be working from 5 pm to about 1:30 am!....yes, craziness....I sometimes don't know whether it'd be better to stay up and wait for him (and consequently be bored and flip through tv channels while I wait/sleep), or if I should just go to bed so I won't be tired in the morning when The Boy wakes up (now consistently at 8 a.m. on the dot) - yes, our schedule is weird but hey, we make it work :)

ANYWAY, back to the point of this post....so around 1:00 I finally decided to crawl into bed. I was exHAUSTED, it felt so good to finally crawl under the covers and close my eyes. Right after I closed them, I heard a very alert and distinct "MaMA?!" I thought he'd go back to sleep (he NEVER wakes up in the middle of the night like this)...but to my dismay, I kept on hearing "MaMA??! MaMA?" Finally I went in there and there he sat, awake as ever, smiling, happy and cheerful as if it were morning and it was time to play. I grabbed him, his pillow and blanket and took him back to bed with me, where he laid down quietly for a while. Then, while I was in a weird awake/asleep state, he sat up and just kind of stared around the room for about half an hour until his Daddy came home. Once Daddy came home, James decided it was play time!! He jumped right off the bed and got busy...

...perusing through movie choices (yeah right, like I'd let him watch Baby Einstein in the middle of the night...tough luck, kid!)...



...trying to play the Wii (sorry bud)...


...and being adorable for my camera, which (conveniently) was right by the bed....


(honestly, how could you be mad at this face??)


this is what I was feeling like at the time...(go to BED!)...I think he was just bugged at all the flashes coming from my camera...


ok so this is more like what I was feeling...hmm can't believe I'm posting this picture...oh well....you've all seen tired mommies before!


Finally, Daddy picked up James and took him outside to see just how DARK it was....(maybe he was confused and thought it was morning?)....we kissed him, put him to bed and he didn't make another sound :) Ahhh, sleep....

4 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I think that was genius to take him outside and prove it was time to sleep.

Janina Herbert said...

hahahahahahahahah! i totally love this post!!! hahahah and i agree with annie, that was an AWESOME idea to take him outside to show hi it was night time - what a funny night! and i LOVE your last picture! hahahaah. I MISS YOU! seriously, let's try and get together this week, maybe???

love ya! muahWHACK!

Daniel Bay Gibbons said...

I love that this is written by the little girl who refused to go to sleep at night until her Daddy carried her outside (in any weather) to see the moon!

I love you, Bayzer!